Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Wake of the Bloody Angel (Eddie LaCrosse 4) by Alex Bledsoe

Dang! Another review I let languish. Sorry Alex Bledsoe, especially since I really enjoyed the book. I picked it up because I was so taken with the Tuva series, that I wanted to see how your other books were. Couldn't get the first in the series, but I was able to jump right in with this one, thankfully. Some books are great romps through whatever world they're set in, and this was one. There was enough history similar to our own, and enough that had nothing to do with this one to keep me both amused and on my toes. (I'm partial to pirate tales, being from Charleston, where they once sailed our seas, and where Anne Bonny got her start, and nearly her finish, and Sted Bonnet graced the gallows at White Point Gardens.) You did give me an ear worm though, and I'll have to see how song plays in the next book of yours I read.  I like Eddie La Crosse.

(Quietly hums  "Brandy, you're a fine girl, What a good wife you would be, But my life, my love and my lady is the sea.")

No comments:

Post a Comment