Thursday, August 4, 2016

Monsters: A Love Story by Liz Kay

This book cover kept catching my eye, so finally, I gave in. I really enjoyed the story, characters, and dilemmas that occurred, though I did feel a bit removed from it all, (but at times so did Stacey, so I guess I'm excused.) There was a lot of hard living, drinking, and more uses of the f-word than even my mother (which says a lot). But overall, I came away glad I read it. The snippets of Stacey's work were interesting, and I'd kinda like to actually read her poem that was based on Frankenstein, even though it's got a lot of grimness in it. (The book was about the poem, which was a book, itself, becoming a movie.) I will look for more by the author.

Tags: 2016-read, first-novel-or-book, great-cover, i-liked-it, made-me-look-something-up, read, will-look-for-more-by-this-author

No comments:

Post a Comment