Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Last Days of Magic by Mark Tompkins

Not what I had hoped for, but still had moments of enjoyment. Did get a little ponderous I the historical bits, but it was kinda interesting to see how the author wove the tale around known history without changing the historical facts. Would have liked the book better if it had more of modern day sandwiching the story and if I hadn't been snookered into buying the book at full price, since my library didn't have it available.

Tags: 2016-read, color-me-disappointed, creatures, e-book, fantasy, first-novel-or-book, great-title, made-me-look-something-up, magic, mixed-feelings, ok-but-not-great, read, read-on-recommendation, rounded-up-in-star-rating, secret-history, skim-read-til-the-end, thought-i-was-gonna-like

No comments:

Post a Comment