Sunday, July 13, 2014

Blood Always Tells, by Hilary Davidson

I have enjoyed Hilary Davidson's series centered on Lily Moore, which are not only mysteries, but, since the main character is a travel writer (as the author is) take me on a journey to a new location, as well. When I heard that a new novel was out, I snagged a copy, not even noting at all what it was about. In this case, the novel is a stand alone, but carries with it the same crafting of a mystery that hooked me with earlier writing.

A beautiful woman wants revenge on her charming but deceitful boyfriend and plots for blackmail. That she's a model, and he's a washed up boxer, married to an heiress, makes the situation more interesting. Then the blackmail plot gets complicated by a kidnapping, but it becomes even more daunting.  What starts off as blackmail ends up looking like murder, with twists and turns along the way. The story is told from three points of view, each character with their own motivations and drives. There was one bit that didn't hold for me, but once I decided not to worry about a character's decision making process, I did fine. Keep writing, Hilary Davidson, and I'll keep reading.

Tags: corresponded-with-author, i-liked-it, not-a-cozy-mystery-more-a-thriller, read, tor, will-look-for-more-by-this-author 

No comments:

Post a Comment