Friday, April 18, 2014

The Adventures of the Princess and Mr Whiffle: The Thing Beneath the Bed, by Patrick Rothfuss

Deliciously disturbing. I loved it. Pay close attention to the little details, and when you find yourself wondering why the spikes are on the inside of the wall, you're almost there. As the sticker on the front of the copy I read said, "This shit is not for kids". (Thanks to Pat Rothfuss for writing such a great story, Harriet McDougal Rigney and Maria Simons for turning me on to these books, Ross Newberry for letting me read his copy while I was standing with him in line to have Pat Rothfuss sign our books [they were sold out of the this one and I had the second], and Nate Taylor, the only one of this group I haven't met, for the wonderful illustrations.)
Reading in line for the author to sign (JordanCon VI April, 2014

"This shit is not for kids -- seriously"

No comments:

Post a Comment